Lunches of Love is 100% volunteer based and driven. Without our generous volunteers, LoL would not exist. We have numerous ways our volunteers can help end childhood hunger in our community. We welcome groups and individuals of all ages. If your child can hold a crayon, we have a job for them.
A. Lunches of Love: Extended School Holidays (spring break, summer vacation, Thanksgiving and Christmas break)
LoL meets Monday-Friday and packs approximately 4,000 lunches each day.
- Shift One: 9-11am – Decorates lunch sacks, bags dry goods, makes sandwiches and assembles lunches
- Shift Two: 10:45am-12:30 – Delivers lunches to pre-determined distribution sites.
MEETING SITE: Main Host Site: First UMC Rosenberg, 1122 4th Street, Rosenberg, TX 77471
B. LoL – WEEKEND EDITION: September-early June at our two host sites
Our volunteers meet throughout the school year and pack our weekend care packages on Wednesday and deliver to our adopted campuses on Thursday mornings.
- Wednesdays: 9:30-11:30am – pack weekend care packages
- Thursdays: 9:30 – collect crates and deliver in your personal vehicle
MAIN SITE: First UMC Rosenberg, 1122 4th Street, Rosenberg, TX 77471
Second Host Site:
Our volunteers meet throughout the school year and pack our weekend care packages on Thursday and deliver to our adopted campuses the same day.
- Thursdays: 9:30-11:30am – pack and deliver weekend care packages
SECOND HOST SITE: Lunches of Love at The Harvest, 9029 Sienna Ranch Rd., Missouri City, TX 77459
- Can I bring my children? Yes, all ages are welcome. We have jobs for everyone!
- How old do volunteers need to participate in delivery? We ask that all children be at least 5 years old and must be accompanied by an adult. Children over 13 can ride in the van without adult supervision after a waiver is signed by a parent or guardian.
- Volunteer Hours? Extended school holidays: Monday-Friday from 9-11am and delivery 10:30am-12:30pm
LoL’s Weekend Edition meets September-early June (please see location site addresses above) 9:30-11:30am
- **Where can I drop off donated food items or decorated bags?** Our main host site, First UMC Rosenberg’s church office has generously offered to be a drop off point for us. Their office hours are Monday-Thursday from 9:00am – 4:00pm and Fridays from 9:00am-12:00pm. They are located at 1106 4th Street, Rosenberg, 77471 (corner of 4th and Ave I). The office is a brick house with a RED front door. Please contact us should you have additional questions.
- What should I wear? You’ll want to wear comfortable clothing. Please put your hair in a ponytail – if able. If signing up to work in the kitchen, please wear a baseball type cap or a hair restraint will be provided.
- Do I need to sign up to volunteer? As our program grows, we want/need to stay as organized as possible, so we ask that all volunteers sign up via our online calendar. Should you have any questions, please email Adriane Gray – email@example.com
- Service Hours? Yes, you can receive service hours at LoL. Please bring your school or organization’s form with you when you volunteer and one of our LoL reps will sign.
- Where are you located? Lunches of Love’s main host site is located at First UMC Rosenberg, 1122 4th Street, Rosenberg, TX 77471. Our second host site, Lunches of Love at The Harvest (weekend care packages | meets on Thursdays September-May) is located at The Harvest, 9029 Sienna Ranch Rd., Missouri City, TX 77459.
- Do you have weekend volunteer opportunities? Lunches of Love meets Monday-Friday during extended school holidays, but does offer a few Saturday or Sunday volunteer opportunities throughout the school year. November is our annual WALK OF LOVE & 5K Fun Run and we always need volunteers for this event. We also offer at least one weekend opportunity each month September-May. Check out our volunteer calendar.
3. Host a Food Drive or Bake Sale
To Host a food drive:
1. Email or call LoL – let us know before you begin. We can assist you with a list of current needed items. firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Limit the number of requested items.
3. Publicize your event – LoL can supply fliers, etc. for your drive.
4. Once your drive is complete, call or email to arrange delivery or pick up.
Lunches of Love appreciates entities in the community hosting fundraisers benefitting LoL. In order to stay organized, we kindly ask that you call or email us prior to planning.
WANT MORE INFO FOR HOSTING A FUND-RAISER? Contact Us: 832-586-6995 or email@example.com
Please note – All Rights Reserved on our logo and photos.